Water Safety Resources:
1. Effective SupervisionThe most critical line of defense is adult supervision. No level of aquatic skill can replace active supervision. If your child is ever missing, look in the water first.
2. Pool Fences Install a permanent 4-sided fence with self-locking gates. Ensure that the pool fence is at least 3-5 feet from the pool edge.
3. Alarms Make sure all doors and windows leading to the pool are locked and alarmed.
4. Survival Swimming Lessons A moment's inattention does not have to cost a child his life. ISR's Self-Rescue™ training is an added layer of protection, teaching your child water survival skills in a completely safe environment.
5. CPR If an emergency happens, it is essential parents and families are prepared. Learn to perform CPR on children and adults and remember to update those skills regularly.
Even if your child has had swimming lessons, no child is drown-proof and there is absolutely no substitute for adult supervision.